Planting my tank

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
What kind of pleco are you adding? Most plecos tend to be terrible in planted tanks and destroy plants.
+1, but there are some notable exceptions. Usually the smaller guys are better with the plants. BN plecos and clown plecos are usually pretty okay, and I'd say that it's difficult to rival the algae-eating capabilities of a BN or royal farlowella. My 3" female BN keeps my densely-planted 55g spotless, and I have seen the royal farlowellas do the same in up to 90 gallons.

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
How much salt? Keep it 2ppt or under and the 2 types of plants I listed should be fine. I assume you're below that level if your sword is doing okay though.
I do my the aquarium salt recommendation. 1tbs per 5 gallons. I think it comes out to 1 1/4 or something. For my 125 gallon. The sword I put in there is still fairly new. But I had those bambo plants in there before and they did just fine for a long while

Smithmode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2014
Washington
What kind of pleco are you adding? Most plecos tend to be terrible in planted tanks and destroy plants.

As of right now I can't decide. I kinda wanted and L200, because I want to try to let them breed. But I guess if I went with smaller ones I could get a few....but I dunno yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store