platinum gar

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
I have some experience with colored gars-including getting ripped off by one of our "trusted" vendors. I purchased an "A" class platinum florida gar from Sittipat with a 100% money back guarantee. Guess who didn't get his money back when it turned into a normal colored florida gar within 2 days. I hope Sittipat is enjoying my $3,500! :)
My Opinion of the pictured gar: it is a short body and therefore more valuable. The color looks stable but a lower class- considered unofficially a "B" class gar. Buy it if you like it- it will probably stay that color and not get to big.
Personally I would hold out for a snow gator gar- and luckily I know of a trusted source for these Ultimate gars. The price is much higher but the quality is without compare.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
i do agree it does look like a white tank gar i have had a few that stayed white or silvery in the past that might have been a low grade platinum but I am very leary of being ripped off these days with the recession and all.

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
i do agree it does look like a white tank gar i have had a few that stayed white or silvery in the past that might have been a low grade platinum but I am very leary of being ripped off these days with the recession and all.
Well an easy way to avoid getting ripped off is to stay away from Sittipat and his "guarantees".:ROFL: Another way is to see the gar in person- if thats not possible look at where the pictures are taken. If the tank is light or blue -forget it- very good chance of WTT. AND don't buy into a 100% money back guarantee- it's only as good as the person selling it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store