Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Awesome, dude!

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Psssh.. My fish swallow live red belly piranha's daily.... Just sayin...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice,either a platinum or an albino RTC(doesnt matter which but whichever is cheapest lol) is on my want list of must haves before I am done with the hobby.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Nice,either a platinum or an albino RTC(doesnt matter which but whichever is cheapest lol) is on my want list of must haves before I am done with the hobby.
Most are platinum(His I'd even almost say Xanthic, but albino's have red eyes obviously). There are grades to them. More white obviously higher grade. He got his early on years ago. So probably cost alot $$$$. But it's a food fish. So prices will continue to go down as they produce more and more..

The good thing. It's like a pacu. Eats anything, is personable like a dog, and you'd need a nuke for it to actually die on you at any point.. short of a lack of o2... Or actual water.. Good investment.

I'm off to get some pics of people eating crazy stuff I purposely feed them....

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most are platinum(His I'd even almost say Xanthic, but albino's have red eyes obviously). There are grades to them. More white obviously higher grade. He got his early on years ago. So probably cost alot $$$$. But it's a food fish. So prices will continue to go down as they produce more and more..

The good thing. It's like a pacu. Eats anything, is personable like a dog, and you'd need a nuke for it to actually die on you at any point.. short of a lack of o2... Or actual water.. Good investment.

I'm off to get some pics of people eating crazy stuff I purposely feed them....
Yes it is obvious that the albinos have red eyes,have fun with your photo search.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Didn't mean like you didn't know that albino's had red eye's.. But you asked if it was platinum or albino ... So figured I'd answer for anyone else...
I did not ask if the fish was platinum or albino,he'd already said what it was so there was no need for me to question it...now what I said was that I wanted a similarly colored RTC and it does not matter which morph it is considered to be as long as the price is to my liking.
I have never been a big fan of the various white morphs of fish but there is just something about a white RTC that draws me in.

Last edited:

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
And by "the price is to" your liking..

You won't want one anymore at that point. Cause it'll be cheap because it's everywhere, which ruins the point for alot of people, and if you don't want one bad enough you're seeking one out now. Then.. It'll legit be mainstream at a fish store before "the price is to your liking". Which means it's cool at that point, but not as cool as someone who spent a car to buy one early.

Cheat sheet. You can buy a albino channel cat. Looks pretty similar in the face. Eats everything. Gets big. Is like $10.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You didn't ask... After he posted you supposedly knew what it was.. But look at what you posted originally...

"Nice,either a platinum or an albino RTC(doesnt matter which but whichever is cheapest lol)"

Find a albino RTC... I can find you niiiice Leucistic ones..

I get where you were going.. But..

There's a difference between an albino and a leucistic. The difference can be and is huge $$$ wise. And one is more probable..

I was providing explanation for the next time you don't know which is which..Or worse think they're the same thing $$ wise...

Quit being butt hurt. You can legit buy a platinum RTC for peanut's these days in rare fish money. If you have used Nissan Sentra and sell it. You can buy one. A friggin nice one.

Next time say "I'd like a Leucistic RTC one day.." And I'll give you a hookup. Or have better sentence composure.
LOL,I'm not the one acting butt hurt in my posts,that would be you with your constant *****ing about this or that or what MFK has become these days.Lighten up dude,we didn't converse much that I remember but I don't recall you having this negative tone to your posts years ago.Did you experience some personal hardship that has turned you into this prickly person that you now seem to be?
Now that the color morph tutorial and grammar critique is out of the way I'm all ears,or eyes to any hook ups that you might have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store