Platinum Snakehead (Channa Platinum) Close-Up View in Temporary Treatment Tank

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
Here's the video with a close-up viewof the snakehead when under medication (almost complete):
[video=youtube;2cOPBsiekrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cOPBsiekrk[/video]

Going to new owner tomorrow.

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
Nice, Platinum Striata. Why are you selling it?
Yes, it is nice. But "nice" is just one of the things that I would consider to decide whether to keep the fish. If "nice" (attractiveness) is most important, then I would have kept an auranti (which, some of them look even more attractive and colorful than barca, in my opinion... Agree with me or not, doesn't matter, coz I strongly believe that "beauty" is in the eyes of the beholder"). The speed which it feeds is also important to me and when it comes to live feeders, this one is not as fast as I would like to see. If it eats as greedy and fast as micro, I would definitely love it, but it doesn't.

Anyway, when I bought this fish, it was not looking very healthy and to get to good health and observe its behavior while it was under my care. It simply isn't the type of fish I would like to keep.

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
Yes, it is nice. But "nice" is just one of the things that I would consider to decide whether to keep the fish. If "nice" (attractiveness) is most important, then I would have kept an auranti (which, some of them look even more attractive and colorful than barca, in my opinion... Agree with me or not, doesn't matter, coz I strongly believe that "beauty" is in the eyes of the beholder"). The speed which it feeds is also important to me and when it comes to live feeders, this one is not as fast as I would like to see. If it eats as greedy and fast as micro, I would definitely love it, but it doesn't.

Anyway, when I bought this fish, it was not looking very healthy and to get to good health and observe its behavior while it was under my care. It simply isn't the type of fish I would like to keep.

Sounds precisely reasonable to me! Beautiful though.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Wow thats beautiful.

lubz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Singapore
Holy.. The place that I know that sells them goes for 45 sgd.. Clementi arowana Avenue. OVERPRICED!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
Holy.. The place that I know that sells them goes for 45 sgd.. Clementi arowana Avenue. OVERPRICED!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Well, perhaps they have better looking ones or theirs are BIGGER??

Anyway, I read somewhere recently that there's a place selling at S$18 :drool: -- but my guess is that it is smaller.

There are large and small ones being sold in the country, so nothing strange about differences in prices.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store