Please advise !!!

shorjai

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2011
nyc
two weeks ago I sold all my fish in a 90gallon with FX6 filter running.... after the fish was sold, filter and heater stilll running for the past two weeks and WC weekly..

After two weeks without any fish I assume all the GOOD B.B. would die off since no ammonia to feed off good B.B.

Today I tested the water parameter with new purchase API test kit... all the water parameter looks perfect beside Nitrate is at 5.0PPM which I am going to do a 60% water change..

Base on the result am I safe to put new fish into the tank ? See screenshot

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Go ahead and add away. Gotta recheck ur water to see how the bioload effects the water.

Reactions: deeda and tlindsey

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Id do a big water change then add a few hardy fish first just to kick things off again. Test after a few days and see how it's affecting the levels.

Reactions: Fishflyer

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Is it just me or does that ph colour look like something not even remotely matching any of the test colours on the card.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

shorjai

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2011
nyc
Is it just me or does that ph colour look like something not even remotely matching any of the test colours on the card.
Sorry it was a mistake on PH.. I accidentally dose the High PH and Low PH together... here is the result from this morning

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Ok then. It looks like you are good to go. Although I will say this. Your BB colonies will be somewhat depleted after 2 weeks of being starved. You don't say what new fish you are adding but as a result of your BB being a bit threadbare i'd add your fish very gradually. Add them all at once and your BB colony won't be able to cope and your tank will crash.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store