PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE TYPE OF RAY THIS IS

29kay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2011
england
yes it's tail is starting to look a little better it's not red and inflamed like it was the stinger has grown back quite quickly

29kay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2011
england
yes its tail is not red and inflamed like it was when it 1st came and there has been no sign of any fungus so im hoping it won't bother it in any way and the stinger has grown back very quickly

Shawn L

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2011
Minnesota
If the imports came from Thailand than definatly one of the Himantura family of rays.They have a few over there and one has little spotting to alot of spotting.

29kay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2011
england
I have just been looking at the different himantura sp and the closest i think i can find to him is white edged freshwater ray (Himantura signifer) although i need to make sure as some dasyatidae sp are marine and only enter fresh water for short time but i think the white edged is always fresh water?

29kay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2011
england
I have just been looking at the different himantura sp and the closest i think i can find to him is white edged freshwater ray (Himantura signifer) although i need to make sure as some dasyatidae sp are marine and only enter fresh water for short time but i think the white edged is always fresh water?

motoro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Sweden
It looks like a ray from the Himantura genus (of the Dasyatidae family of rays), and if its from Thailand its the most likely case.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It's not an Atlantic... especially not an Atlantic ray coming out of Thailannd.
My guesses in the other thread (Marine section) were Himantura imbricata or bleekeri.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store