Please help! 100% accidental water change.

Larryfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2016
I was doing a water change on my 55 gallon which Is well established. And took my dog out. My.dog got off the leash which in turn took like 15 minutes to get. I come back in. All my fish are on bare gravel. I put about 45 gallons of water back in. And triple dosed prime. (SAfe up to five times dose ) And put a wavemaker in and started the filter up. The fish have bubbles on them. Not ich. Actuall bubbles. Don't think it's dropsy either. What do I do ???????

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Their slime coat is damaged, you added alot of water with dissolved gasses which is now releasing in the aquarium. There is not a whole lot you can do now other than aerate the tank as much as you can. The fish are probably gasping too right?

Just leave the fish be there hopefully won't be any deaths. It's more of an irritant but can sometimes be fatal to more sensitive fish. The slime coat that comes off can rebuild.

Vaibhav

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Their slime coat is damaged, you added alot of water with dissolved gasses which is now releasing in the aquarium. There is not a whole lot you can do now other than aerate the tank as much as you can. The fish are probably gasping too right?

Just leave the fish be there hopefully won't be any deaths. It's more of an irritant but can sometimes be fatal to more sensitive fish. The slime coat that comes off can rebuild.
Whenever I clean up my tank with fresh water , I notice bubbles on fishes & tank .
After few hours tank inside surface is full with bubbles & next day it leaves water marks on tank.
What should I do?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Carbon dioxide. It gasses off on it's own

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
What's the solution ?
You can age the water beforehand. Put it in a barrel or tank and leave it for a day or 2 and it should gas out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store