please help ID my Gar

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
Spatula;4101344; said:
Florida... Nice job with getting the fish before it was properly IDed.

is that another one of your smart remarks? your a total @ss most of the time on here

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
zspidel;4118741; said:
is that another one of your smart remarks? your a total @ss most of the time on here
yeah, although it's most ideal to research a fish before purchase (as everyone SHOULD do), i don't think any of us can say they thoroughly researched every single fish they ever purchased and/or never made an impulse buy.

at least they are looking for info to get started as there is nothing that can change the original choice right now. at least it's a Florida gar and not a gator--
--solomon

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
oh yes, i agree totally that you need to do as much research as possible before buying a fish as possible but sometimes ppl are too harsh on here

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
zspidel;4118807; said:
oh yes, i agree totally that you need to do as much research as possible before buying a fish as possible but sometimes ppl are too harsh on here
haha no problems from me man, i was actually agreeing with your post; the fact that i quoted it made it look like i was responding more to you than to the post you were quoting (spatula's)...i was essentially replying to both; in agreement with yours, and not in support of the other in this case--
--solomon

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
E_americanus;4118812; said:
haha no problems from me man, i was actually agreeing with your post; the fact that i quoted it made it look like i was responding more to you than to the post you were quoting (spatula's)...i was essentially replying to both; in agreement with yours, and not in support of the other in this case--
--solomon

lol, yea know. how long have you been keeping gars E-americanus?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
solomon(e_americanus) is the shiz!!! we really need pics of the gar den, solomon.
And richard need pics of ur stock as well

HINT HINT FREAKIN HINT!

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
MonsterMinis;4101230; said:
at 8" shouldn't it still have some striping on it's side and not spotted out? just curiouse
Old to reply to... but that is rather variable. Seen some at 13 inches that still had a defined stripe and have seen them as small as 4 inches totally spotted out. Again just very variable.

10ren

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2010
ks
I was pretty sure it wasnt a Gator but fig i'd double check. I do usely research before buying but this was one of those times. You have to think, do i take the change some one else will get it before me. I fig id pick it up then and if it had turned out to be a gator i already have plans for a pond so no biggie. I love this site and all it knowledge. I started out with a betta and 5 years later I own all kinds of odd balls lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store