Please help my Lobster!!!

JJ050

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2010
Akron, OH
My lobster had a bad molt last month, and was attacked by my other one...It stole the shell and ate it before my freshly molted one could...And here was the outcome...he lost a claw...and antennas. However he is still VERY fiesty...heres some pictures of him...please give me any input. Do you think the claw/antennas will grow back?

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
All limbs and extremities will regenerate with each new molt. The claws will never be a matching size again, but everything will start to grow back with each passing molt.

You may also want to separate the crayfish when they molt, as you can see, they do attack each other readily when molting. (If you do, remove the one that isn't molting, not the one that is.)

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Sun is 100% correct.

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
it wont regen an eye though will it? i had one get its eyes picked out by a cichlid so i just put it out of its missery by throwing it in the big tank.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Never had one loose an eye, Not sure. Maybe.

akaEric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Singapore
Eyes and other important things don't grow back but limps and claws would. Just that it will look different in size

carolines100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
leeds
Hate to tell u this but I add two blue Krays when one molted he lost a claw was fine untill the next molt where he hit hard times because of one claw could not molt right and to make matters worse the other kray attacked him now I have one . I would separate him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store