please help sick fish!

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
You can clearly see there are little external parasites in the first picture with little tube like things stuck on the face. Ive never used just Prazi, I have always done the Tetra Parsite Guard because it attacks with multiple meds. If you dont see results within a few days, change up the type of med used.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Looks like your fish has anchor worm.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
That is what i was thinking too, another issue you will need to keep watch for is secondary infection.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The parasite guard does list anchor worm on its list if I remember correctly. You will likely need to do the maximum number of treatments to be effective which I think is three. I would do more than a dip since your other fish could be carrying it and that it is in substrate and filters. You need to nuke the whole tank with parasite meds.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
How big is your Pearsei? How old?

Mine (Avatar pic) is about three years old and about 13" now. Might be bigger since I always guess on the smaller side. I sold off some fish a while back and I guessed them to be 6", when we caught and measured them they were 8 to 8.5 inches. So my girl could be as big as 14"...

Hope yours pulls through!

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
So I saw your other post and the video. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...rsei-and-yellow-lab-(video)&highlight=pearsei
How many Africans is she sharing that space with? In that post you had said she was suffering from fungus. Was this before the parasite issue?

I was going to say you might want to pull all the decor out of that tank and make sure to do a very good gravel vac in your treatment process. All those nooks and crannies in an African cichlid set up allows for a ton of waste to settle in and not good when you are trying to heal a sick fish.

ThalesThePearsei

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2014
Brooklyn
My Pearsei is about 8 years old, maybe about 12-13 inches? Haven't accurately measured in forever. There are about 10 or 12 other fish in the tank.
I had thought it was fungus, but realizing now its the anchor worm issue all along.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store