Please Help Sick Severum

Newfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2010
Canada
Hi I have a 10 + year old female severum with a red sore with swelling and a white cotton like fungus growth. I have been treating her with Jungle Fungus Cure. She has stopped eating. Anyone else have any ideas on what I can do to save her. I have had had her for over 10 years. It started as a little white spot of fungus or fungus like. She has had the same type growths every once in a while usually on the fins. I dont thinks its HITH. I do weekly water changes.

2010_0609severum0004.JPG

2010_0609severum0008.JPG

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Hi,

Please separate the fish immediately and keep your water clean. Be sure to test water regularly for ammonia and nitrite. In the meantime, you may add a teaspoon per gallon of sodium chloride. Add the second set in the next 12 hours. Be sure to dissolve salt thoroughly before adding to the tank. Avoid salt containing yellow prussiate.

You can add liquid betadine on the wound. Just make sure it doesn't leak to the eyes, gills and mouth though. I'd use a Q-tip to dab the betadine on the wound rather than a cotton ball to control the leak.

Chicklette

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
What a pretty severum, good luck, I hope you can cure him, the salt should help.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Darn it. That wasn't good news. I'm so sorry to hear that.:(

alexmuw

Feeder Fish
Jul 31, 2009
meow
11 years old is up there. Don't feel down! The fact that you were able to house and provide for a fish to reach 11 years old shows your a great fish keeper!

Keep your head up and go get another fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store