Please Help!

TheSwampFox

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
South Carolina
More and more just keeps piling up!

Sunday my saltwater fish are allowed to go back into their tank after a marine ich infection brought in by fish (dumb on my part). Well they've been doing great in my quarantine tank and today something is odd about my Yellow Eye Kole Tang.

He's very pale, even more so than he was when he was first in the hospital tank, and the front of his mouth is VERY red compared to the rest of his body. Can anybody look at this picture and ID what it may be? I'm sorry for the poor quality but he has always been camera shy and this is the best I could do with him in capture container.

Any ideas and recommended treatments, if it is anything, would be much appreciated!

TheSwampFox

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
South Carolina
Nevermind, took it in to my own hands and went to the LFS with a pic, got it diagnosed, and have started the treatment...

Thanks for the help guys!

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
what did they say?

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
PEVINE11;4899035; said:
what did they say?
2nd this. ?????

It is most likely a mouth fungus or physical injury from running into something.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
+1 to what dustin just said.

His mouth does not look natural at the moment...good thing you caught this fast. Bristlemouth tangs with injured mouths are often times "dead fish swimming".

TheSwampFox

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
South Carolina
It was a bacterial infection of the mouth. He's been in quarantine with the appropriate medicine for about 4 days and is looking MUCH better thank goodness. He should be ready to go back into the main tank tomorrow or so.

I am just glad he still maintained his eating habits because I caught it quickly.

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
TheSwampFox;4910348; said:
It was a bacterial infection of the mouth. He's been in quarantine with the appropriate medicine for about 4 days and is looking MUCH better thank goodness. He should be ready to go back into the main tank tomorrow or so.

I am just glad he still maintained his eating habits because I caught it quickly.
Good to hear. Most of the time they stop eating for good when this happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store