Please REAADDDD! HITH on oscar!

XxPROTERRORxX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2012
Kansas
My friends Oscar has extremely bad HITH( Hole in the Head) for around 5 months and its bad. We need some ideas on how to cure it, he's been treating it with melafix,pimafix, general cure, aquarium salt, and doing general tank maintenance. We have seen small signs of improvement then it gets bad again. He is in a 200 gallon with various cichlids and bichirs and large ass clown knife. around 275 gallons of filtration, planning on adding a power filter fairly soon. He cant afford a quarantine tank right now. He's on a 14 year old budget so dot didly dot. He eats fine and acts completely normal but he looks horrible. Please respond quickly he's had it for a long time and doesnt want to lose a friend, you guys should understand. Thank you all! Also what is epsom salt and how do you use that? Does it treat HITH?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
no sense of treating a whole tank (especially that size) for one fish. it needs to be quarantined

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
I once had 2 oscars with HITH and what I did was take the carbon out for good,stop feeding feeder fish,used API general cure,and did 30-50% WC 2x a week and it was almost completely gone a couple months later... It does how ever leave scaring... Hope that helps also your want to do it in a quarantine tank cause treating that big if a tank is gonna be expensive...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.

XxPROTERRORxX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2012
Kansas
Thanks guys I think hes working on finding a cheap quarantine, what size would you reccomend for a 9 inch oscar maybe 10 inch? like 20 gallon?

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Thanks guys I think hes working on finding a cheap quarantine, what size would you reccomend for a 9 inch oscar maybe 10 inch? like 20 gallon?
Best in my opinion would be a 40b, I guess a 20 long could work though.

Sent from mobile app.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store