Please read need advice!!!!

XxPROTERRORxX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2012
Kansas
I have a 50 gallon tank that I just put my green terror, pleco, and delhezi in last night. They were in a 20 gallon. Today I got a jack dempsey, green severum, and an albino senagal bichir. The severum and albino were put in the 20 gallon to grow out as they were to small. My JD was put in my 50. The JD Tried to be friends with the green terror that much was obvious but the green terror gill flared at him and pushed him around a bit. I thought that was normal as it was a new fish but later I walked in to my room and they were liplocking. I broke it up but the green terror kept attacking him so I had to keep my hand in the tank so he wouldn't. I called my LPS and they'd said it's cuz he's thinks the whole tank is his territory which I understand so he told me to put him in a holding tank for a while. The green terror is in a 10 gallon now for prolly several more days. I need advice. Is this normal , what should I do! Thanks for the help.... I'm really stressed.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

large sausage pizza

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2012
michigan
Thats a lot for a 50 gal, you may never be able to get those fish to get along until you get a bigger tank. But you can try and keep the green terror alone for a while, rearrange the tank decor, let everyone else claim their territories and then finally add the terror lastly. Good luck though

Brazen Rigsby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
Austin, TX
I have a 50 gallon tank that I just put my green terror, pleco, and delhezi in last night. They were in a 20 gallon. Today I got a jack dempsey, green severum, and an albino senagal bichir. The severum and albino were put in the 20 gallon to grow out as they were to small. My JD was put in my 50. The JD Tried to be friends with the green terror that much was obvious but the green terror gill flared at him and pushed him around a bit. I thought that was normal as it was a new fish but later I walked in to my room and they were liplocking. I broke it up but the green terror kept attacking him so I had to keep my hand in the tank so he wouldn't. I called my LPS and they'd said it's cuz he's thinks the whole tank is his territory which I understand so he told me to put him in a holding tank for a while. The green terror is in a 10 gallon now for prolly several more days. I need advice. Is this normal , what should I do! Thanks for the help.... I'm really stressed.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
For those circumstances, I would say it is... Rearrange the tank without the fish inside

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
I have a GT in a 55.

I wouldn't DARE put another cichlid in there. He's way too big to have another fish that size in there. He barely tolerates the syndontis catfish that's in there with him.

A fully grown JD and GT are too much for a 55. They each would claim the entire 55 for themselves.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If you won't be getting a much bigger tank anytime soon you have to decide which cichlid you like the most and get rid of the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store