Pleco trouble!

KungFu_Panda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
MT
well thanks for the advice everyone, I'm not really a pleco person and wasn't sure so I thought I would double check cause he sounded very authoritative. anyways I probably won't shop there any more. there is a different store in town anyways

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
i had a similar problem where the lfs just 5 mins from my house always has dead fish etc, i kept on buying from there, and my tank always got whitespot, and worms etc, but i treated, lost fish, bought again just bcoz it was 5 mins away and seemed to have nice fish on the day the shipment arrived - but then after joining a forum (didn't know could join one of the internet lol) i stopped going there just bcoz its close and prefer to travel a bit so my fish can survive and i can get new healthy fish!yep, don't go there again.

Fabio's Dad

Annie the Sun Conure
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Colfax, WA USA
I can assure you all, regardless of the truth of the conversation, the store does not endorse the myth of saltwater plecos. As a matter of fact, there is a customer who argues with the employees that he owns a saltwater pleco! He's never proved it, maybe his camera is out of diesel and the latin name for this cannot be pronounced by earthly beings!

young_skywalker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
Idaho
I should hope that the store does not endorse such fantastical creatures. however, a customer claiming he has a saltwater pleco is entirely different than an associate claiming they are all saltwater...yet, both seem really stupid

Fabio's Dad

Annie the Sun Conure
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Colfax, WA USA
The associate and the customer have nothing to do with each other. All this stuff just reminded me of that customer.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
so all of this was just a lie? about how the store tried to see him a saltwater plec?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Neervana;1803616;1803616 said:
so all of this was just a lie? about how the store tried to see him a saltwater plec?
I'd say yes. Both shops in the town the member lives in (Kungfu panda, and young skywalker) would not have employees that would say that. Unless the guy was talking to a random customer that didn't actually work at the store.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
hmmm weird, don't u think? setting up a thread for no reason? well anyway, at least now we know the real truth.

KungFu_Panda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
MT
no this was not a thread set up for no reason...I am not claiming to have a saltwater pleco and the person that told me that plecos are saltwater either worked at the store or was using their uniforms

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store