PLS DO HELP ME BROs AND SISSYs...

WILL THE KOK RETAIN AFTER ICH/ICK???

• Total voters

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
I don't keep flowerhorns, but when you increased your temperature you will have increased the fish's metabolic rate, and if you didn't increase feeding it probably absorbed some of its kok (this is where the jokes start), once your temp is back to normal the kok should recover.

As a matter of interest why do we generally call these nuchal humps on cichlids, but a Kok on a FH?

Reactions: RVP and convict360

RVP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
Madurai,Tamil Nadu,India
I don't keep flowerhorns, but when you increased your temperature you will have increased the fish's metabolic rate, and if you didn't increase feeding it probably absorbed some of its kok (this is where the jokes start), once your temp is back to normal the kok should recover.

As a matter of interest why do we generally call these nuchal humps on cichlids, but a Kok on a FH?
Thank u Bro,
After the treatment also my FH is under 30'C only.The KOK does'nt retain.
May I decrease the temperature????

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I was not going to look at this thread as I have no experience with it. but the possibilities are endless. That being said think dustin has it handled.

Reactions: RVP

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
He means once your FH is no longer sick, his kok will grow back.

When FH are sick or stressed, their koks shrink. Once you have identified and fixed the problem, it comes back.
So...I guess it could be said that kok flaccidity,can be an indicator of a FH's health

Last edited:

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
oh boy kok and flaccidity and what not.... lol!

But OP, the FH will be fine when it recovers... :)

RVP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2015
Madurai,Tamil Nadu,India

When FH are sick or stressed, their koks shrink. Once you have identified and fixed the problem, it comes back.

It had ICH\ICK i treated with high temp,now there is no white spots on its body.its been a day after treatment there is no improvement in its Head.....????Y?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store