poly fossil replicates

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
More excellent work. I may have to side with the wife though, the darkened shots seem to be too drastic. Maybe if the darkened area faded a bit farther out? I dunno maybe Im thinking too far on the natural side and thats exactly what a prepared fossil is supposed to look like. Do it however you think is best and itll be awesome.

JoelR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Jacksonville FL
Thalan;3161477; said:
More excellent work. I may have to side with the wife though, the darkened shots seem to be too drastic. Maybe if the darkened area faded a bit farther out? I dunno maybe Im thinking too far on the natural side and thats exactly what a prepared fossil is supposed to look like. Do it however you think is best and itll be awesome.
Thank you & I'm right there with you. I was trying it out as someone mentioned having it look dug out in a way. I personally like the "just found it that way" look, rather than the "I made it look that way" look.
Is that what you are referring too?

Joel

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
Basically, yeah. I just think having the dark area end so abruptly takes away from the natural look.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Very Nice work, I can only Imagine how cool it would be to have that Framed beside ones poly tank!!!! You have given me some ideas.
Thank you

JoelR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Jacksonville FL
Burbotman;3173479; said:
Very Nice work, I can only Imagine how cool it would be to have that Framed beside ones poly tank!!!! You have given me some ideas.
Thank you
If you put your ideas to work,,, post some pics. :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store