Pondliner with window Tanks - products used and longevity

hawkeye405

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 24, 2009
Chicago
Thursday on March 20th, I began the task of draining the tank. After several hours, I managed to transfer most of the fish into a spare 125 gallon tank. At approximately 4:00 pm, I was taken to Lutheran General Hospital with chest pain. The blood work came back negative which showed no heart attack. My cardiologist insisted that I get an angiogram. After several hours, the results showed 4 blocked arteries one of which is known as "The Widow Maker" which was blocked 60%. Since I already have 6 stents, there is nothing more to do but a Quadruple By-pass which was performed on March 24th. A week later, I had recovered enough to be sent home for a very long recovery period.

I'll be back soon and appreciate any prayers that you have to offer.

Miro

hawkeye405

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 24, 2009
Chicago
Okay, I'm back. I'm still recovering from the bypass but I had to get this tank running again. I had my daughter crawl into the thank in hopes of finding the leak. We spent a great deal of time searching but couldn't find a hole. I then handed her a tube of the 5200 and had her really seal the glass to the liner. I then bolted a series of 2 x 8's to the front of the stand causing them to press on the bottom of the glass. I waited two weeks and then slowly began filling the tank around 5" at a time every few days until it was full. No leaks. I turned the filtration on and the tank was in full operation. I waited a couple more days and the reintroduced the fish to their home. It's not pretty but some finish work will solve that when I feel up to it.

IMAG0900_zpsac79aahn.JPG

IMAG0900_zpsac79aahn.JPG

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Agreed glad to hear you are back at it. And hopefully feeling better. Thanks for the update as well

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

marinerules

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
paragould arkansas
I'm planning on buying supplies to build a miniature version of my tank. Like small scale model version. That way I can see how the 5200 stuff adheres acrylic to liner.

I think I'm making things in my head seem more complicated than it is
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hawkeye405

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 24, 2009
Chicago
I think that would be a waste of time. What works on a small scale may not work when built full size. I just don't think that I put down enough 5200 the first time around. I also found some of the insulation on the digital temperature meters had been chewed through so I didn't put any of my plecos back in.

I'm planning on buying supplies to build a miniature version of my tank. Like small scale model version. That way I can see how the 5200 stuff adheres acrylic to liner.

I think I'm making things in my head seem more complicated than it is
Lol

marinerules

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
paragould arkansas
I like the idea of a stretchy liner for waterproofing. But I want triggers ect snails and urchins. I will have to line my liner with 4x8 PVC board or make a custom foam / cement wall all the way around the tank to keep them from chewing on the liner

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store