Poor fish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Can anyone really say they have a tank big enough for their fish?
Huh?

Back in 2005 you were hoping that the site would promote minimum tank sizes for some of the larger growing species that knuckleheads try to keep in their "big" (i.e.- 100G) tanks. Remember this thread that you created?: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?1834-Big-fish-big-tanks

You wrote,

I would love to see a sticky on minimum tank sizes for grown tank busters. I don't want to be a stick in the mud but it seems to me that people think they can house these huge fish in tanks that are shorter in lenght then the size of the full grown fish in question, or the fish have to break their backbone just to turn around in the tank. Are there moderaters to educate people on these facts. If you want a more credible site this is were I think you should start. :feedback:
You seemed to have done a 180 and decided that since the fish we keep don't have the space they would otherwise have in the wild, it doesn't matter what size tank we keep them in at all?

Why the change of heart?

I like the old David. What have you done with him?

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
And I say it would be better off in something a lot bigger than a 300g.

Ahh, now I remember why I don't like coming here much any more. Unfortunate really, some members here are actually dedicated to their fish. Consider it done, I am gone.
But I thought we all might as well be keeping paroon sharks in unfiltered and unheated 30 gallon tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
And I say it would be better off in something a lot bigger than a 300g.
Yes, so would a shoal of 10 neon tetras. Point still being as it stands right now, and being realistic, wouldn't even a 180gal be better off for that paroon than that 33gal?

josh_g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
isle of wight
Wow just read through all of this. I guess at the end of the day the fish is in there, looks like it's staying in there and there probably isn't anything any of us are going to be able to do about it. And who knows if that fish ended up going to a bigger tank it might get battered by it's tank mates.
If it was my cousin i'd convince him to take it out and cook it. Bet it would taste like c**p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store