Poor little Bocourti just spits his food out.

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
Don't know what I can do for this poor little guy. He seems to want to eat, scoops up food chews on it but spits it all out. The other Bocourti I got with him eats fine and after 3 months is about twice his size now. This one is starting to look like a sleleton.

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
yeah he looks pretty skinny, have you seen his poo? is it possible he may have parasites and was just more stressed than the others so they affected him more?

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
Sarah88;3932911; said:
yeah he looks pretty skinny, have you seen his poo? is it possible he may have parasites and was just more stressed than the others so they affected him more?
Haven't seen him go at all. I fear he is going to either waste away or get taken out by one of the bigger fish. I don't think I could get him out now without tearing down the whole tank. He would just hide in the rocks. If he begins to get weak and hang out at the top maybe I will be able to net him.

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
oh ok yeah its probably either parasites, or he is just the least dominant one in the group and so is the whipping boy of the others, when there is a group of juvies growing up there is usually one weaker fish that they all pick on and keep away from the food

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
He does get plenty of food. Chews on it for 5 to 10 seconds but will then spit out what looks to be all of it. I have never seen him get food and not spit it out shortly after.

jslayz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2009
Perth, Australia
Food with metronidazole works best, perhaps try food and in the water of a quarantine tank.

if you can absolutely not catch him, try using some levamisole, it's usually used as a wormer but is also an immune system stimulant and can assist your fish overcome intestinal parasites.
I saved my GT using this and he had the white poo symptoms and would eat, chew and then spit out food.
Good luck.

J

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
yeah if you cant catch him then at least treat their food, then even if he spits most of it out he should be getting at least a little bit of the food/meds in him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store