possibly breeding Datnoids????

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
fugupuff;1885835; said:
sounds promising, I actually have a video of how they breed them in Thailand, artificially, I need to dig it up and see how they raise the fries, but they probably don't reveal the secrets.

Wes, let me know if you can dig these up. Again I have the facility, the hormones, and some one with experience in breeding fish in a lab. I would love to try this with STs!

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
I am with T1k, Dats don't lock mouths to fight, they just bump each other while next to each other. Probably happening because they are in a new tank. The gravel thing is normal also, it's just making more room under the driftwood.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
After a couple days in my tank, my NTT fanned out 1'x1' or larger area in my tank and the tips of its anal fin turned orange. I thought it was odd, but it hasnt done it since... :confused:

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i still say if that is breeding behavior when i had 7 in my tank they should have spawned asd i delt with that on a daily basis..... i dont know though would be awesome if they did but i really think its a pipe dream still.... either way very nice ST's....

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Let us know what happens.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
any updates HFG? has this behavior continued or stopped?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store