Status
Not open for further replies.

MATTHEWS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Spring Texas
johnny roastbeef;1879836; said:

In waterfront Qingdao, vendors were selling heart shaped plastic keychains sealed with a live goldfish inside. Since the keychains are completely sealed there is very little air and no way to feed the fish inside.
One of the 2008 Olympics mascot HuanHuan was printed on the bag and although it is not an official Olympic item, it just goes to shows a complete lack of respect for all the fish who will die in these keychains.
This is not a souvener or a pet... It's a Cninese snack!! Very fresh!

ShreddingSkin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2008
Tucson, Az
BIGgourami;1882292; said:
to the people who hope they are taken hom and put in a tank.. you realize they have NO air from the time they are packaged, then they go from the manufacturer, to the destributor, to the reatiler, to the person, to home.. that's like a day stuck in that thing with NO AIR!!!

instant death sentence
Well first of all, I imagine they can throw the fish in, pump some oxygen and heat seal the top(on location)buying the fish maybe an hour or two TOPS. Thats beside the point of : You shouldnt put any living creature (who depends on your care for its survival)through this kind of horror. I cant think of any other reason. "hey guys, check out my cool dead fish" Wow, where did you get that? I wanna dead fish...:screwy:

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
sometimes im so ashamed of my species. for as much as im not a huge fan of goldfish they still deserve a decent shot at life. why do people never learn.
seal the vendors/inventors in a f**king bag with an hours air. I nearly cried when i saw this. another thing i wont be showing the wife. ridiculous. ive seen some things people should never have to see being in the RAF and adults who fight wars know what they're doing so i have no sympathy but animals/children being cruelly treated gets me the most cos they cant fight back and/or dont know any better. but even after what ive seen things like this kill me a little more inside.

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
Sad, yes. But I wont be losing any sleep over it. Just another in a long continuous string of cruelties meted out by the human race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store