POST PICS OF YOUR SHRIMP, CRAYS, CRABS AND LOBSTERS HERE

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Some bright yellow shrimp I was breeding last year

Thinking about starting a colony back up of a different color. Maybe just "normal" cherry reds. Definitely a shrimp fan, lots of fun to keep the little guys.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Some bright yellow shrimp I was breeding last year

Thinking about starting a colony back up of a different color. Maybe just "normal" cherry reds. Definitely a shrimp fan, lots of fun to keep the little guys.
Go for orange neocardina shrimp, from what I hear they tend to throw out a lot of mutant colorations

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Go for orange neocardina shrimp, from what I hear they tend to throw out a lot of mutant colorations
Cool, I like orange, if I can find those locally I will go for them. Not looking to pay for shipping to pick up a colony.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I could never keep them alive, they always died, they're just so sensitive to water parameters
Hmm, I have found them to be hardy, have you tried using RO water? That's what I used for them. And remember to remineralize the RO. I know people have a hard time breeding them in tap water.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
no I never tried that, I don't have access to that, I've used distilled water though, it wasn't remineralized though
RO and DI basically the same thing, same end product. RO just filters the water first so that the DI filter is not used up so quickly. So DI pretty much the same. You need to remineralize though, RO/DI water is pretty much just h20 nothing that fish and shrimps need left in it. So people use mineral additives, or add a percentage of tap water with it.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
RO and DI basically the same thing, same end product. RO just filters the water first so that the DI filter is not used up so quickly. So DI pretty much the same. You need to remineralize though, RO/DI water is pretty much just h20 nothing that fish and shrimps need left in it. So people use mineral additives, or add a percentage of tap water with it.
oh, ok, well I hit my limit of tanks so I can't set up another one :(

JuniorMonsterKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What are your water parameters? If you can I suggest putting into a quarantine tank by itself. You can use pimafix as I know it’s safe with inverts just increase oxygenation and keep a close eye on your water paramters. If it the only thing in the tsnk showing symptoms as that looks very advanced in its stages

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store