Post pictures of your eels!

Gahandi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Bundaberg
ReelBigFish;4958160; said:
I wish my eel would be outgoing like this fella. Mine always ides and only will feed when all the lights are off. He even is disturbed by the LED blue ropelight I try to use to witness him in the dark.

My American eel:

haha nice eel, how big is it? mines about 63cm. dunno why he's so bold/outgoing though, he likes to nap on top of the filter instead of in any of the logs i got him:screwy:

ReelBigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
In a house
Gahandi;4959773; said:
haha nice eel, how big is it? mines about 63cm. dunno why he's so bold/outgoing though, he likes to nap on top of the filter instead of in any of the logs i got him:screwy:
Mine is 18 inches (45.72 cm). He's the only one in the tank. I do plan on adding another fish or two. Maybe some more outgoing fish will draw him out. Mine hangs out in a PVC pipe all day.

Gahandi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2009
Bundaberg
ReelBigFish;4978906; said:
Mine is 18 inches (45.72 cm). He's the only one in the tank. I do plan on adding another fish or two. Maybe some more outgoing fish will draw him out. Mine hangs out in a PVC pipe all day.
that might be it, mines always had at least 1 other fish with him and he rarely shows any inclination to hide from people, or it could just be the way your eel is, or he may grow out of it when he's a bit bigger.

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
heres my bgk and peacock eel. the peacock hardly ever comes out, my bgk is out alot

peacock eel.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store