Post pix of your Blood Parrot Cichlids here!!!

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Experiment397;4159899; said:
whoah sweet, how big is he? love the beak!!!
about the size of my fist and she is female lays eggs all over the place but i believe infertile.She is about a year and a half!!

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
They're not my favorite fish, but they do have a specific appeal. They add COLOR. That's the reason why I bought mine. I wanted to add some color to an otherwise drab tankful of various shades of silvery greys, browns. and greens. They allowed me to get away from those earth tones.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
they do add color and entertainment to any tank. try dropping in a few nightcrawlers and they go berserk!!! it is the funniest thing ever

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Experiment397;4160151; said:
they do add color and entertainment to any tank. try dropping in a few nightcrawlers and they go berserk!!! it is the funniest thing ever

Yep, and mine is as tough as nails. Any tank I place him in, he manages to fit in and not be bullied. As a matter of fact, he's a little bully. Most of my fish ignore is harmless charges. I think they realize that this mouth is so small, that he can't hurt them.

Mikeeyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
NSW, Australia
Blood parrots are pricey in my part of the world, and i'm unlucky for me i'm one of the people who actually like them Lol. but funnily enough i actually prefer the ones with less of a beak.. even if my one has one, eitheer way heres mine :) female. and i love her lol

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
i have never seen one that reddish color or with that little of a beak. they are cool. i like them with beaks that really stand out. lovin all the pix, hard to believe some people don't like theese little water clowns

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store