post what your first fish was

spirofucci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Harlingen, Texas
Carnival goldfish brought home in a chinese take out container, kept in a bowl at first then a 5 gallon tank, I got hooked and have been broke ever since!

Kyle_91

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
Centreville,MD
first fish was the good ol' goldfish in a 10 gal tank. then my first tropical fish was the regular community tetras, guppies, barbs, kinda deal. :)

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
:crazy::crazy:The carnival goldfish is one helluva racket... It's like smoking. They get you hooked at a young age and then you wind up with an addiction :crazy:

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
The carnival goldfish is one helluva racket... It's like smoking. They get you hooked at a young age and then you wind up with an addiction :crazy:

green_fox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
canada
a festivum!! what a great fish.. sadly my chocolate cichlid beat him to death

BaldoBoy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Corning, New York
spirofucci;4906136; said:
Carnival goldfish brought home in a chinese take out container, kept in a bowl at first then a 5 gallon tank, I got hooked and have been broke ever since!
lol thats nice my big brother wingate1 got me hooked then i bought that blind cave tetra then i never stopped.

postshawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2010
SoCal, USA
I don't remember for sure but I think it was Neon Tetras. When I was about 14 I had a tank in my bedroom for a couple years. I had neons, a BGK, small bala shark, and a few others. I didn't really know anything about them as far as sizes because I had them all in a 20g. I did do regular water changes and filter upkeep. This was about 1995 in NY and I'm now a lot older and in California.

Of my newest batch the first fish were goldfish. My fiance had to save those poor feeder fish :-/ We filled up a 55g (fills up quick with goldfish although they are moving to a pond once we get a house). Then we wanted more fish and I wanted non goldfish so we setup a small 20g with tropicals. Of them the first in there was a dwarf gourami and some harlequin rasboras.

BaldoBoy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Corning, New York
busterbrown;4906860; said:
The first fish i can remember having as a kid was a blue acara
thats a nice fish gotta say

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store