Post your Azul

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
very nice all, keep it coming,..
do you guys think that a darker background will help bringing their color out?
here are some pic of the same fish, I bought it when it was around 17cm, on August 2011.
IMG-20110823-00144.jpg
IMG-20110823-00145.jpg

IMG-20110823-00144.jpg

IMG-20110823-00145.jpg

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
very nice all, keep it coming,..
do you guys think that a darker background will help bringing their color out?
Well... I had my Azul in a tank with a blue background at first, they were in there from about 5.5" to about 9" and although they showed good color I feel they really popped with blue when I put them into this tank with a black background.. So I'm not sure if it was the black background color helping to see their natural colors better or they actually changed color because of it? Could also be normal growth and just so happened they started to get better colors becuase of size the same time I added them to the tank with the black background.. I will say this though, all three of my Azul looked more washed out and sported a "lighter" pattern while in the tank with the blue background. IME

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
very nice man

Well... I had my Azul in a tank with a blue background at first, they were in there from about 5.5" to about 9" and although they showed good color I feel they really popped with blue when I put them into this tank with a black background.. So I'm not sure if it was the black background color helping to see their natural colors better or they actually changed color because of it? Could also be normal growth and just so happened they started to get better colors becuase of size the same time I added them to the tank with the black background.. I will say this though, all three of my Azul looked more washed out and sported a "lighter" pattern while in the tank with the blue background. IME
actually I have 2 other juvie azul which I used to put in my pond. Their color showed up imediately as soon as I put them in the pond. After watching them for awhile, I am sure a darker background will help bringing out their color, but that will not be the only thing. I think water parameter also plays role in this matter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store