post your bugs and spiders.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
No pics, but a couple questions:

First, OP, what kind of spider is that, its cool!

Second, scorpion photos are awesome! How well do they take to captivity? You said you had one that lived 4 years, is that good for a scorpion?

Third, Dan F, that tiny hybrid spider/scorpion thing is sooo cute! What is it??

Fourth, aren't banana spiders poisonous?

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...

First, OP, what kind of spider is that, its cool! That appears to be a Black and Yellow Argiope, aka Garden Spider

Third, Dan F, that tiny hybrid spider/scorpion thing is sooo cute! What is it?? That's a Pseudoscorpion (Sorry Dan)

Fourth, aren't banana spiders poisonous? "Venomous" yes, but that's not a true Banana Spider. That's some type of Golden Orb Weaver which are pretty much harmless.
:)

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
The mordax are awesome. And 4 years is pretty good for a scorp, mine outlived my friends emperor he bought as a baby and I got mine as an adult. I love my mordax because they are so calm, I've never been stung, they prefer to play dead and act like a leaf in the dirt. They do take over 2 years to mature though, so thats their one downside. I've never seen them for sale but I'm going to try breeding them for my lfs:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio

First, OP, what kind of spider is that, its cool!

Second, scorpion photos are awesome! How well do they take to captivity? You said you had one that lived 4 years, is that good for a scorpion?

Third, Dan F, that tiny hybrid spider/scorpion thing is sooo cute! What is it??

Fourth, aren't banana spiders poisonous?
i don't believe banana spiders are poisonous. i handle them quite often. i do know that they are invasive, coming in on banana crates. but I'm pretty sure there're harmless. don't quote me on that though i will have to check/find out. lol.

TheHolyArachnid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Spiderweb
Most of the spiders everyone posted on this thread are orb weavers. I like them quite a lot as well. I have black widows, wolf spiders, scorpions, and jumping spiders.

Get ready everybody, lots of pictures coming!!!!
Bark Scorpion (2).JPGBlack Widow (2).JPGBlack Widow (4).JPGBlack Widow (6).JPGBlack Widow (10).JPGBlack Widow (15).JPGBlack Widow Spiderlings (1).JPGBlack Widow Spiderlings (2).JPGFrozen Female Jumper (2).JPGFrozen Female Jumper (3).JPGMale Jumper (2).JPGMale Jumper (3).JPGMale Jumper (5).JPGSpinifer Scorpion (2).JPGWolf Spider (7).JPGWolf Spider (10).JPGWolf Spider (2).JPG

Banana spiders are harmless, they are orb weaver spiders. No orb weaver spiders are dangerous enough to hurt us.

Bark Scorpion (2).JPG

Black Widow (2).JPG

Black Widow (4).JPG

Black Widow (6).JPG

Black Widow (10).JPG

Black Widow (15).JPG

Black Widow Spiderlings (1).JPG

Black Widow Spiderlings (2).JPG

Frozen Female Jumper (2).JPG

Frozen Female Jumper (3).JPG

Male Jumper (2).JPG

Male Jumper (3).JPG

Male Jumper (5).JPG

Spinifer Scorpion (2).JPG

Wolf Spider (7).JPG

Wolf Spider (10).JPG

Wolf Spider (2).JPG

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
some cool shots, to be sure. I'm looking for my walking stick pic, it was only about 1" long and crawling around in the grass.
for now, here's some butterflies that were on my lilac bush this spring.DSCN4755.JPGDSCN4759.JPGDSCN4760.JPGDSCN4761.JPG

the first two are red admirals, I don't remember the name of the second two.

DSCN4755.JPG

DSCN4759.JPG

DSCN4760.JPG

DSCN4761.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store