POST YOUR HIGHEST QUALITY MARBLED MOTOROS!!!

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
DB junkie;3974552; said:
I'd like to know more about what you went through to get these..... Did you pay a premium for them? Did you order a dozen and these were the 2 keepers? Or was it simply ordered 2 and that's what you got? Did you see pics of them before they arrived? I'm just curious cause I couldn't get WC rays like that without going through hell and high water or paying a rediculous amount.

Those things are just amazing. :drool:
I got them via a befriended company that does a lot of business in Colombia.

(see thread http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237895 )

I ordered 4, and I got 3 males and 1 female. The female was the best looking of them all, but as always with these things she had to die. The largest male turned out pretty nice as well but I sold him of. And these 2 are the ones left(and plan to keep).

I bought these rays without picture and at own risk. Own risk == I take the box of the plane by myself and if they turn out bad or I get only males its my own problem. I am not going to name prices, but if I wanted to I could have bought "cheaper" but I wanted the rays through this shop as I have seen more rays they got from that supplier. (Didn't see a clear base though so I guess I was really lucky :) ) Judging from the photo's I made when they arrived I guess it would be really difficult if not impossible to judge from that how the ray will turn out. I knew they would be nice due to the pattern they allready had. But you always have to wait and see.

I am currently busy with renovating a house I bought. Along with the renovation I plan to build me a well insulated fish shed where I can keep more fish. I want to try to get another group of rays from the supplier I got these from and see how it turns out.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Hi Wim.
Look great those Marbles,like Lee said the base colour is wonderful.
Would be nice to see the fish shed once its done.........good luck with that project.
Regards,
Richard.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
Too much conversation, not enough pics (j/k :ROFL:).

More pics please!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
Between Wim, Aquaman45, Leevan, DBJunkie, and a few others, us "less fortunate" marbleism connosouiers may feel a little intimidated about posting our marbles. But I say the heck with that!!!...You gotta flaunt what ya got!:ROFL:

Here is my 7in WC Female:

MMFemsmall1.jpg

MMFemsmall2.jpg

MMFemsmall3.jpg

MMFemsmall4.jpg

MMFemsmall5.jpg

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
MFSwets where the hell are ya? 10 friggin pages and not a single pic..... Dude has some of the nicer Marbles over here and still continues his holdout. We should all start flooding his PM box till he caves. Still waiting to see Mark H.s too......

LJ she's a beaut.....

I might have some nice Marbles here but when you consider I could have a nice collection of black rays for the same price are they really that nice? Just saying that makes me a lil sick to my stomach. Probobly makes people reading this laugh to themselves a bit.... "Dude must be on crack to pick brown over black without looking back". Kinda hard to be proud when it's so easy to be embarassed at the same time.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
DB junkie;3976900; said:
MFSwets where the hell are ya? 10 friggin pages and not a single pic..... Dude has some of the nicer Marbles over here and still continues his holdout. We should all start flooding his PM box till he caves. Still waiting to see Mark H.s too......

LJ she's a beaut.....

I might have some nice Marbles here but when you consider I could have a nice collection of black rays for the same price are they really that nice? Just saying that makes me a lil sick to my stomach. Probobly makes people reading this laugh to themselves a bit.... "Dude must be on crack to pick brown over black without looking back". Kinda hard to be proud when it's so easy to be embarassed at the same time.
I've been waiting on Mike's too:popcorn:.

Re: black vs brown, I think I am leaning toward desiring brown more than blacks (though they are a sight to be seen). We have to remember, the only thing that separates these rays so far as monetary distinction is that stupid ban. Blacks and browns used to be around the same price. I am convinced that if browns were banned and blacks were plentiful and cheap, we'd be having this same "dilemma" about the opposite rays.

Lets say we take out prestige and cost and determine which rays we like better...I think it may be about half and half. Just my two cents. My collection is moving toward variety in rays. I like them all!!!

mfswets

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
dyer,indiana
DB junkie;3976900; said:

LJ she's a beaut.....

too funny.awesome thread by the way.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Kolossus;3976336; said:
Between Wim, Aquaman45, Leevan, DBJunkie, and a few others, us "less fortunate" marbleism connosouiers may feel a little intimidated about posting our marbles. But I say the heck with that!!!...You gotta flaunt what ya got!:ROFL:

Here is my 7in WC Female:
very nice! with wild caught u never know wht ur gonna get

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Shes got potential LJ ,that marbling between the spots looks broad,if that goes realy dark which it could well do by the looks of it ,you will have yourself a little stunner.
Nice ray!

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
vamptrev;3977615; said:
very nice! with wild caught u never know wht ur gonna get
aquaman45;3978194; said:
Shes got potential LJ ,that marbling between the spots looks broad,if that goes realy dark which it could well do by the looks of it ,you will have yourself a little stunner.
Nice ray!
Thanks. I hope she does. Her looks have definitely already enhanced since I first purchased her. I hope she continues to progress "stunnerization":grinno:.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store