POST YOUR HIGHEST QUALITY MARBLED MOTOROS!!!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
great looking marbles :popcorn:

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Here are a couple pics of my girl before I sold her. She is wild caught.

female (Large).jpg

stingrays 005 (Large).jpg

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
WOW!!!! theres some real quality on this thread isnt there?
Heres my contribution.I usually post pictures of the male in my avatar,hes incredibly special to me,however my wife picked this one as i was struggling to pick a favourite.Hes a wild caught male in the region of 10 inches disc,hes fully claspered up also,i see strong similarities here between the majority of the Marbles posted so far,very different to my origional pair, the male from that pair didnt develop the claspers until he was much bigger,is this infact a slightly smaller subspecies?,i would love to know the river in which these very special looking rays are caught.
Many thanks to my friend here in the Uk for letting me have him....he knows who he is.

S1057066.JPG

S1057004.JPG

S1057046.JPG

Reactions: Mlsantos

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
aquaman45;3907241; said:
WOW!!!! theres some real quality on this thread isnt there?
Heres my contribution.I usually post pictures of the male in my avatar,hes incredibly special to me,however my wife picked this one as i was struggling to pick a favourite.Hes a wild caught male in the region of 10 inches disc,hes fully claspered up also,i see strong similarities here between the majority of the Marbles posted so far,very different to my origional pair, the male from that pair didnt develop the claspers until he was much bigger,is this infact a slightly smaller subspecies?,i would love to know the river in which these very special looking rays are caught.
Many thanks to my friend here in the Uk for letting me have him....he knows who he is.
I forgot to mention Richard that you were banned from posting yours (j/k):ROFL:. Awesome ray and my personal favorite "type" of marbled. Your wife is right!!!

That is a very good point. I wonder if they are a different sub-species of some sort. I have been looking for a marbled like the one that you and a couple others have posted which have more rich and deep colors with bold (not skinny) squiggleys between the spots...Definitely looks like a different ray. Look how black the black is on these types! Almost black-based like a black ray with beige/orange/brownish accents. It is also interesting that he is fully mature at such a small size. I have a 13in male marbled who is at best average-looking that is still not fully matured! Those are my favorite looking types of marbleds of which I can't seem to get my hands on any. Really interesting point Richard...

Keep them coming everyone:popcorn:

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Thanks Kolossus.
Yes whats also interesting i recieved some wild imports last year of this type of Marble though none were as beautiful as the rays featured so far,one of these females had a 30cm disc and came in pregnant,she had 3 fully developed pups,one died but the other two survived,these were the smallest baby Motoros ive ever seen....10cm disc size.
Regarding my origional pair the only others ive seen that are the same belong to Mark Huveneers.....he has a fantastic group im told.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Great thread!!!!

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
Gr8KarmaSF;3907941; said:
Great thread!!!!
Uhhhhhmmmm...Where is yours J???:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I've heard so much about it...You holdin' out on us?;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store