POST YOUR HIGHEST QUALITY MARBLED MOTOROS!!!

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
All of these rays inspire awe :WHOA: and jealousy :drool:!

Absolutely beautiful marbles! I only hope to eventually own some as stunning as the examples in this thread. :headbang2

Right now between the two I have this one is the best looking. Hopefully she'll lighten up in the near future after I make some small changes to the tank.

WC female ~10" from MN Stingray. She has earned the name "3" due to the mark at the base of her tail when viewed from the front.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
DB junkie;3966181; said:
Maybe you shouldn't have put a 1 pic limit on this thread :screwy: There would be a lot more high quality Marbles to look at...... :ROFL:

I apologize for the derail. Carry on.
Yea..I hear ya...But my initial goal was to get the "best of the best" in an effort to corroborate top dollar pricing and the like...and in conjunction with your already "text heavy" thread:ROFL:. I am not opposed to people posting more than 1...(in fact you already have:eek:). But we want to see high quality marbles!:D (That does not include your entire collection Al:ROFL:j/k)

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Nikki.
Hes one very nice looking Marble,make no mistake.His pattern has improved since the last time i saw him........looks great on the substrate,really shows him off.

I agree with DB,if more pictures were allowed per person this could potentially be the longest thread ever!

NikkiC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Thanks Richard. His pattern is getting stronger and he looks even better in the flesh. Hopefully he will produce some nice pups in time.

I think more pictures of true quality marbles would be good as we all know some of you on here have more than one stunning marble!

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
I will work on getting a Moderator to change the title. In the meantime feel free to post any and all of your marble motoros!!!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
DB junkie;3965695; said:
I'd put your girl about 13-14 inches. She looks the same as when she arrived. She darkened up at Jim's.

I'll be starting an experiment attempting to rejuvenate the Marble's patterns soon. Will be adding a natural color looking pool filter sand to the pond this weekend. Shop lights are getting tossed and I'm gonna give metal halides a shot. I will then wait a few weeks and see what happens. The last leg of the experiment will be water. Gonna knock that PH way down with RO, but I want to see if it's enviroment or water that's killing patterns, OR if this change is simply inevetable and is natural in Marbles. If it's natural then I'll be glad I have what I have and will be able to finally rest peacefully knowing it wasn't poor care on my part that led to the pattern changing.

IF I had to guess I'm pinning it on PH. Shawn (MNstingray) has some amazing looking Marbles and he has bare bottom pond liner and shoplights, and I have seen his look so amazing after 6 months at his place that they don't even look like the same rays he imported. He uses straight RO around a PH of 6. My PH is 8.5-8.8.

How's your guys' PH up there Jason? If there's a big difference in yours and Jim's we may have just cracked this puzzle.
I'm on a well, and the pH is 8 out of the faucet. In-tank is 7.8-7.9. I think the sand will make a big difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store