Post your Wolf fish Pictures!!

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Damn lots of great hoplias i'll add some new pics of my Ery Ery

This guys a glass banger :)

Everyone says there slow growers but mine has been growing pretty we'll wouldn't say fast but i can sure see some growth from the time i got him till now he also use to have a bite mark in his tail from a tiger loach i think ( only fish in the LFS tank that could have done it ) and that has healed we'll

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
local hero;1990499; said:
here's a chin shot.........
It's a mala. It's not a matter of how far apart they are, it's the shape and structure that help ID the species. The dentiaries move further apart when a fish breathes or opens it's mouth. The shape though doesn't change. Convergent means that they come together at some point. They don't necessarily have to touch, but they aren't running parallel to the jaw line, which lacerdae and aimara's do. Here's a pic I found on the web. Hopefully everyone will understand this after the pic is posted. And don't get me wrong, it i definately a cool wolf, but it does matter in IDing it. 1 lacerdae's are worth a lot more money, so if you decide to sell it you know what it's worth. And 2 if you paid a lacerdae price for a mala, you should get your money back.

So, as far as the pic goes, mala on the left (convergent) and lacerdae on the right (parallel).

tetras36.jpg

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
you all have some great lookin hoplias, been wantin an amaira or lacerdae for quite some time now, heres a couple of my mala, hes bout 10" now

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
It seems my camera is ALOT better then i thought it was it seems i just don't know jack on how to use it but i figure out how to take good close ups so you know what fishes teeth i had to get pics of :) :) :)

Also theres two large pits in front of its eyes that i've never noticed before any body know what they are do they look like sensory pits ? i hope its not the start of HITH

Hes also got a little eye cloud :( but that should clear up fast :)

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
killerfish;2000444; said:
It seems my camera is ALOT better then i thought it was it seems i just don't know jack on how to use it but i figure out how to take good close ups so you know what fishes teeth i had to get pics of :) :) :)

Also theres two large pits in front of its eyes that i've never noticed before any body know what they are do they look like sensory pits ? i hope its not the start of HITH

Hes also got a little eye cloud :( but that should clear up fast :)
Very Nice Wolf..

It's not HITH mine has them too, I freaked out a little when I saw them too but all of them have it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store