Poster of Gar

streetunity

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
McHenry, IL
he's not using the poster to make money, i don't think he is interfering with the original artists ability to make a profit, in my honest opinion this falls under fair use. but he should have at least credited the original artists at the bottom "all images copyright / property of their respective creators Person a & person b"

warmouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
missouri
he's not using the poster to make money, i don't think he is interfering with the original artists ability to make a profit, in my honest opinion this falls under fair use. but he should have at least credited the original artists at the bottom "all images copyright / property of their respective creators Person a & person b"
I agree.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Nothing could go wrong, except for copyright infringement... I suggest follarin you contact them to avoid such trouble. It's really a great work, but for some reason "information & knowledge" are to be priced. Sigh*

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
did you know there was some kids make a parody out of the original pokemon theme song some like 6 years ago then post it on their youtube and get sued?

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
did you know there was some kids make a parody out of the original pokemon theme song some like 6 years ago then post it on their youtube and get sued?
And they're sued... After getting somehow some 'ads' for their parody. Pokemon... that will be the next trend of gaming after some weeks off GTA V.
I'mma research that.
Now we wouldn't want that... We care for you follarin, we appreciate your work, it's just that we don't want you to be in trouble, how much more for pokemon and the kids...

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
-agreed with Polypterus on this. I know both of the artists and as stated beforehand, MANY organizations/sites (including PrimitiveFishes.com/Lepisosteidae.net...both of which have reps on MFK) have paid appropriate fees to use these images. This poster (and posting it to the membership) does NOT fall under fair use, nor does purchasing the books authorize your reproduction of the images for this poster.
again, as stated, the 99% you do have permission for doesn't matter when the 1% is well known on this forum. we appreciate the enthusiasm, but seek/pay for permission before you produce something like this. any in most cases (I know, because I have purchased them), the artists have composite prints of these images as well.--
--solomon

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
hello, my goal was to please the members of monsterfishkeepers, and to make me some poster for my fishroom. I made a mistake, and yes i apologise, i would have to credit first the artists.
i wanted to share my job, my passion, but on this poster made with draw... i didn't think about all of that

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Since that time i give up. I keep my work on my fishroom, i don't want pbs

But if somebody want me to help him to make an poster with fish, and if we send me pics*, i will be happy to help.

There is 1 month I made an poster for an Italian guy who send me pics of his fish (Silver arrowana, Ripsaw Catfish, ...) so now he have an poster with his own fish

* of course he have to be the owner or have the permission of the proprietor

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store