Powerhead question

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
Hello MFKers and DIYers. I am currently in the process of making a diy wet/dry, and already constructed my overflow. Im looking to purchase a powerhead that is powerful but at a good price with hopefully a review from one of you guys/gals. And its for a 55 gallon tank. Anyone want to chime in? Thanks in advance.

HEMP111

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2015
Greenville SC area
Grab a cheap pond pump, I get them from Harbor Freight for two of my tanks. Cheap and do more than enough current for your tank, I think it's the 600 gph and they are less than $40. If they tear up your not out much and you can just replace it, but I've had the oldest one running for 3 years without a problem.

Reactions: JOSCAR05

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
Grab a cheap pond pump, I get them from Harbor Freight for two of my tanks. Cheap and do more than enough current for your tank, I think it's the 600 gph and they are less than $40. If they tear up your not out much and you can just replace it, but I've had the oldest one running for 3 years without a problem.
Whats the exact name of the pond pump? Harbor freight is pretty far from where i live.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
I don't have it with me, but I'll check when I get home this afternoon and let you know..... It really is just a cheap one though.
Great. Ill still be looking online for others. I really want to get that bang for less buck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store