Praying Mantis -VS- Mouse (warning gruesome)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Filthy Sanchez said:
Honestly I keep herps and fish because they are beautiful creatures and well yes their eating habits. Now pitting two creatures against each other in a cramped space isn't really that nice. It's not much different to feed one animal to another. Yet no one *****es about poor little crickets, cute little mice however that's different. I did have a rather large tank for my mantis, yet I did feed it a mouse. Sorry that offends you.

You have no need to defend yourself Sanchez, you did not make that video, and if they would have read all of the posts on this thread, they would have realized that.....

Have a good weekend!!!

Jen ;)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
THAT WAS ****ING COOL

my next pm is getting a mouse

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
It's always the same thing isn't it? someone posts pirhanas/arowana/mantis/snake/tarantula eating a feeder mouse, everyone says it's cool, someone objects, someone says, "hey, it's survival, you feed bugs don't you?" The objector then says nothing else because the general feeling is against them. Repeat as necessary. I have to say though, sanchez, that abou crickets vs. mice, I don't mind live feedings but i think that it's simplest and no one can really object if you just feed the lowest life form possible (usually bugs). On this particular one though, I think that anything called 'animal fight club' is objectionable, because it is obvious that whoever made it does not care for the beauty of the mantis,nor does he care fr the interest in its killing style, which I think is another reason to do something like that. as long as the focus is on the animal and not just random violence, it's fine.
that said, my spider would still :nutkick: :rip :shocked: that mantis
and, my new firebelly toads are awesome the way tehy eat crickets.

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
in nature the mantis would have plenty of SPACE to get his feed on, overall , every animal out there needs to eat , even when we keep them in a tank of some sort.. but to feed a animal in a JAR there is no space.. keep in mind sanchez DID not make the video he found it online..........don't come down on him at all he was sharing what he found

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
I know sanchez didn't take the movie, hell if i'd found it I would've posted it. I'm just saying that I think the real difference in cruelty is if you just want to see some violence or if you actually take an interest in what's going on. Like sanchez said, we keep animals because we like them, and as long as what you do centers around that it's okay by me.

although I am a little curious to see the result of
full sized betta vs. small convict

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
lol

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
WOW ! I had no freakin idea a mantis could kill a mouse, I am gonna be on the lookout for some in the yard now! I don't want to run into any hungry ones !

Snakebite

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2006
USA
I like the vid personally I have a 10 birdeater and I feed it mice all the time coolest thing to watch hunt and kill. But I wouldn't post it on the internet. The problem with posting stuff like that and other live feedings is PETA and the USHS take them and run with it to ban people from owning those animals... Now you and I know that it is natural for these animals to eat and they only eat live, but for someone ignorant of that fact would see that video as animal cruelty and guess what USHS is involved. It's so bad in Tx. that most reptile shops do all there feedings after hours. One complaint can get them shut down and all kinds of crap. So lets be responsible owners and keep vids like that to ourselves so that others can enjoy owning animals too....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store