Prazipro

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
What is it that you suspect has been introduced to your system? If it's external parasites I've already offered up what I personally use.

For nuking external parasites copper (such as CopperSafe) is far more effective as a shotgun approach, and is safe for most fish when dealing with higher pH values. (above pH 7) There are other options as well, but that's been my go to for external parasites for many years.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I wanted to also treat for internal but wouldnt coppersafe impact bb colony ? Would levimisole impact bb colony

Please take a look at the vid. One of the silver dollars had what looked like two pimples best seen at 0:00, 1:24, and 3:05
They have been seperated from thw main tank. I wanted to treat the main tank with something that would cause it to cycle. Thwy also have ich which is being treated with heat and salt. My fault for not quarantining the new fish (sd's and a green phantom pleco). Also an hrp that hasn't eaten since moving him from another tank. Maybe he is just still pissed about the move dunno.

http://youtu.be/92zGvPWXCoQ

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Hard to say exactly what that is. The questions that you ask can easily be found on your own, common meds and they have all been discussed many times on MFK over the years. Levamisole is also an anthelmintic and is used to deworm fish, and works best for treating round worms. I already explained what copper is, and both can be safely used in an aquarium setting without upsetting or killing off your bio bacteria.

If you are already treating with heat, and salt, you might want to hold off from throwing medications in your tank.
You can use the time that you are treating for ich to better research what your next step should be, if anything. A good start might be investing in a qt tank.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Rd thanks for your input but I have no idea what is on the fish thats why I am asking not trying to sound sarcastic just want to avoid anything from happening in the main tank I do have a quarantine but stupidly did not use it

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Got a question about dosing the prazipro. From what I understand I would add 1 teaspoon per 20 gal. Wait 5 days do wc and redose. But then it mentions not more than 3-5 days...is that between the 5-7 day initial treatments ?

" A single treatment lasting 5-7 days is normally sufficient. Repeat as necessary, but no more than once every 3 to 5 days."

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
I read that as one dose lasting ~6 days usually is enough, but you could re-dose after ~4 days (do a large water change again) but not more than once every 3-5 days.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
So its one one dose on day one wait a few days then do wc and redose ....just asking because some info on the nets says dose very day others do not

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Bump
Can I also use prazipro along with heat and salt

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
So its one dose on day one wait a few days then do wc and redose ....just asking because some info on the net says dose every day others do not

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store