Predatory fish?

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Try a bichir, a Senegal. You can try African butterfly fish for a mini arowana.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Grass or Red Fin Pickerel.

These fish are nothing but teeth on a lightning bolt. They have the highest catch to strike ratio of the freshwater predators, and max out at only 12-13 inches.

I don't know how "thick" your glass is, but I would be careful with a Wolf fish. I have mine in a Rubbermaid and you would not believe how hard he hits the sides! You could be crusin for a shattered glass side with a wolf fish!

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Grass or Red Fin Pickerel.

These fish are nothing but teeth on a lightning bolt. They have the highest catch to strike ratio of the freshwater predators, and max out at only 12-13 inches.

I don't know how "thick" your glass is, but I would be careful with a Wolf fish. I have mine in a Rubbermaid and you would not believe how hard he hits the sides! You could be crusin for a shattered glass side with a wolf fish!
yeah i wanted to get a pickerel but i don't know how to get one? do i collect one in the wild or are they on sale?

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
yeah i wanted to get a pickerel but i don't know how to get one? do i collect one in the wild or are they on sale?
Unfortunately they are generally only available mail order in the spring time. I bought redfin pickerel on Aquabid from a licensed native vendor Rainbowrunner. (Jason and family provided great specimens.)

I bought my grass pickerel from a different licensed native vendor online. Zimmermans fish. (Brian and Julie also provided high quality specimens.)

Be careful if you collect on your own, as Chain pickerel have been what I generally fing myself and they get huge! 2'+

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Is this 38 gal housing them for life, or do you plan on upgrading?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store