Premium 24k golden head Arowana 8 inches not eating

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Hi Experts,

Need your advice,
I have bought Premium 24k Golden head Crossback Arowana (certified chip scanned with certificate) on 9th Sept and he is not eating anything till today.

I had kept him with my silver Arowana who was same sized and they were biting each other and hence kept them seperately now .
But still my Golden Arowana is not eating anything. I tired prawans and sticks and even feeding fishes but still not eating anything.
My tank size is 2ft by 10".

Please suggest.

Regards,
GAURAV A

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
Does it have any tankmates, it also needs at least 8'x3' tank to live comfortably. I would assume you had them both in what amounts to a 30 gallon. Stress can be a hell of a thing for an arowana, it can cause jumping and spooking and not eating.

Reactions: dr exum

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Now both are seperated and golden arowana is single in the tank and is swimming through the tank nicely but not eating. And it's a 70 Liters tank

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
Yea that's just under twenty gallons and is really stressful on the fish. That would be like living in your bathroom for you. But you might want to try a bigger aquarium or waiting until it's ready to eat

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
No I mean to say I removed silver Arowana form this tank who was 8-9 inches and silver was happily eating and swimming till date even now after moving to a same sized tank.
Infact silver is one inch bigger that my Golden aro.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
No I mean to say I removed silver Arowana form this tank who was 8-9 inches and silver was happily eating and swimming till date even now after moving to a same sized tank.
Infact silver is one inch bigger that my Golden aro.

Ok I get it but the Golden Aro still was stressed until you removed the Silver. Give time to start eating again.

Gaurav_Anjarlekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2019
Any idea within how many days Golden Aro will start eating ...I bit worried .
Looking at the image I shared please suggest if he looks healthy apart from stress.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Any idea within how many days Golden Aro will start eating ...I bit worried .
Looking at the image I shared please suggest if he looks healthy apart from stress.
Really no one here can predict when it'll start eating -- when put in a new tank some will eat right away, some may take days, maybe even a week. But besides being stressed it's a beautiful fish and looks to be otherwise healthy.

I would reiterate like others you'll (very) soon be needing a larger tank, it's likely to grow about 1" a month and that small of a tank will just stress it out, good chance it'll try to jump out if given the chance. Monster fish deserve monster tanks :)

One more thing insofar as not eating -- you might consider to lower the level of your air bubbles & surface agitation -- yes it's good to have some air/bubbles but it looks a bit much for that size tank: your Aro might prefer a calmer surface, esp. at feeding time, just experiment and see if it's a factor or not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store