Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Its like a page or 2 of asking for updates. :(

Amazon_Addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Rubicon, Wi
I took a class on taxedermy, and our first project was a pan fish. We cut the side that was facing the board and pulled out the inerds and let it float in a high concentrate of salt water between working on them. Then there is a special cement stuff that is kinda like paper mache, not sure where to buy it. Then you laquer it for color. This whole process only took a couple days.

sonicrx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
illinois
sorry for the long delay . selling my car as parts ,and i am going to miss it. anyways everything is going real good changed out the baking soda again eyes are gone,and the fins are nice and hard as is most of the body. i would say about 2 more weeks or so since i did not gut the fish. his belly is just a little soft ,but it is alot harder than it was 2 weeks ago. so i am quite excited with the way this has turned out. smell is there but not as bad as the first 2 weeks. here are the updated pics haha again sorry for the delaa i did not forget you guys :)

P1020547.JPG

P1020548.JPG

P1020550.JPG

Ben268

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Canada PEI/New Brunswick
I'm curious, ho do you get the baking soda off of the fish? you couldn't rinse it because it would add moisture right? Do you use a brush? It's kinda funny that that's the first thing that popped into my mind when reading this, followed shortly by how nicly it's comming along of course.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store