Price of Tigrinus catfish

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Have noticed that theres a big difrence in body markings in Tigrinus! Does the markings differ from whot area they are from? Brazil/Peru/columbia ? Also some look better than others" like the amount of Blue on the gill covers!

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Not sure, I believe its just the luck of the draw on the fish u see available.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hondacrx2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2010
Pa
Just spend the money for a Tig. You won't be disappointed. I have had 2 so far and have loved them. I payed 250$ for the first one and 150$ for the 2nd one. They are a little expensive but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Tigrinus have doubled, in some cases tripled, in price compared to years past. We used to buy them for $65 all day long and now you can't touch even the smallest of tigrinus for under $150.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never seen them as low as sixty five bucks but then I don't recall a shop in this town ever carrying any tigs.

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Exactly, get a tig. Just make sure its eating something! Ask the guy to feed it. They do have a rep on being lazy feeders but if u can find one that goes ape crap crazg then u know u got a great one. I saw one at a lfs this weekend and it was not horrible in color but after watching it for a few min, it started to scratch and scratch some more, ICK!! And were talking about$275 here!! So make sure if u do get one and u have the opportunity to watch it for a while, do so and definitely watch it eat something. If its not eating, dont buy it. It's not a good sign even though most would argue they are nocturnal feeders but it should at least show some interest, especially if its been there for a min.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Tigrinus have doubled, in some cases tripled, in price compared to years past. We used to buy them for $65 all day long and now you can't touch even the smallest of tigrinus for under $150.
he has delusions about old prices...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store