Problems with Poly

Shaihulud

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2006
Singapore
Wonder does anyone has the same problem, my Endlicheris loves Hikari carnivorous pellet, so it is their staple diet. Unfortunately, it stinks up the water really fast, like within 30minutes of dropping into the water:nilly:. My bichirs also have the habit of not fininishing their food, so i siphon them out 30 minutes after their meal. I would prefer to feed them shrimp or fillets, but they are going through a difficult period and refuses to eat it.

Another problem is bichirs with planted tanks. They trashed my Amazon sword which has huge root structure even. The only thing left is the Java fern. I noticed some folks have Polys and plants together, how did you manage them and prevent algae from growing, cause my polys would eat or harass any algae eaters to death.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
never heard of them messing with plants try attatching them to drift wood or a rock and for algea most people just scrub it off or use chemicals to get rid of it plecos like to eat the slime coat of polys so they don't work we'll

as for the smell i'd say make sure the water is clean or add activated carbon works very we'll for getting rid of colors and smells from water just be sure to rinse it first it often will be covered in carbon dust which can make your water cloudy

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
DO NOT USE CHEMICALS they can hurt your plants and your fish-Anne

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store