Profitable Fish

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Ou could breed dwarf cichlids like kribs in a 30, they're not too valuable tho but easy to breed for a first timer.

chris_zx2

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
Montreal
apistogramma cacatuoides (double red) would pay your hobby. If you are looking to actually make money you need a pretty big setup in my opinion.

It would be nice to breed fish that are worth hundreds to thousands but bottom line is finding buyers. Then you could consider breeding something that is popular, generally in this case the price tag is lower, hence part of the reason they are popular.

The best bet is to have more than one option to cater to a larger market.

Just my 2 cents....

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
for your tanks shrimp or live bearing fish. You could do some cichlids in a 30. Move the babies to the other tanks for a grow out. Get money or in store credit for a bigger tank(s) (1.75 for egg tumbler).

Naso2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2012
Washingtom
I have been breeding flower horns in my 220, 125, 120 I have 4 pairs and I get 20 batches of fry a year with 20 fry per batch and I sell for $20-$100 a piece depending on size and type.

Naso2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2012
Washingtom
Profitable fish in a single 30g tank are limited so don't expect to make more than $40 every couple of months. If you upgrade to a bigger tank for a good pair that will increase exponentially, just some friendly advice.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store