progress of the aro noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnaKeheAdSrAwSomE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
wherever god takes me LOL
Oh, gosh.. don't bring race/ethnicity/nationality into this...
ETHNIC OR CULTURAL BACKGROUNDS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, USE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!!!!

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
HungDang;4856818; said:
your fish did grow a lot ! and About children, these American an European don't have the same opinion as we Asian do, they can hardly survive in bad condition in a week, but most of us can live the whole life out of it !
Don't generalize all Asians because you two have twisted ideas. Majority of us have common sense. Maybe you guys should start introducing your kids to stuff like tuberculosis, malaria or AIDs; maybe they'll become immune to it...

SnaKeheAdSrAwSomE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
wherever god takes me LOL
Gshock;4856877; said:
Don't generalize all Asians because you two have twisted ideas. Majority of us have common sense. Maybe you guys should start introducing your kids to stuff like tuberculosis, malaria or AIDs; maybe they'll become immune to it...
my point, exactly.

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
LOL enough getting out of topic, this thread is about progress of my arowana raised by a "noob".
but hungdang brought up valid point of reality and about daily and regular day to day immune system of individuals.
and no im not going to introduce bird-flu to my aro to shut what u say about introducing kids to the mentioned desease. *just for laugh*

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan

This is just ridiculous!

The sad part is, no matter what, this guy just will not accept everything he is doing is wrong.
In fact, it is obvious he genuinely believes he is correct (even though he calls himself a noob) and pretty much every other person that has posted in this thread who has REAL experience keeping Arowana is wrong. Quite comical really.

And he thinks he is going to cure drop eye now??? LOOOOL!
Dayak, I have complete faith that your Aro will not get drop eye.
This is because I very much doubt it will even make it to that point alive!

And to the guy bringing the whole Asian thing, just don't.
You DO NOT speak for the Asian race, you speak for your own foolishness, and that of your buddy Dayak.

Stop the comedy. You should take a little responsibility for the live creature YOU decided to buy. Poor little thing.

I think it's about time a mod closed this thread.
What I hope the mods realize that all the people replying and reacting in this thread have a genuine care and love of fish. You can see this from (most) of our collections.
We are not out to get this user, we have all at the start been trying to offer advice, not for him, but for the sake of this innocent fish.

Sure we could walk away from the thread, but it's hard to when we want to see the creature saved from horrible death.

So as this thread continues, I fear it will get worse.

Thanks, TG

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The immune system works against pathogens, that is, bacteria, viruses, parasites, even tumors sometimes, but not a nitrogenous compound like ammonia.

The reason "dirty" kids have better immune systems is simply because they come into contact with these pathogens. Make a person drink ammonia, and they will suffer severely. They will not build up an immunity to it simply because the immune system does not recognize such things. Likewise, ammonia in the water causes the fish's body to retain more ammonia. At least you got your parameters under control.

However, if this ammonia bath had really increased your fish's immune system's capabilities... your fish wouldn't have gotten ich or fin rot, would it? Because those ARE things the immune system can fight against... and yet it was more prone. The lesson here is, nitrogenous waste impedes the immune system.

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
if this thread got closed its because of u guys the flammers who cant take their ideal rejected and will not stop polluting my thread.
those guys who posted here that u seem to worship i can bet u is more cruel than me and alot less care for their fish, they just do it behind the closed door.
yes i call myself aro noob on my title post but it doesnt mean im careless about fish and dont know what to do when things wrong and dont know what is wrong with the fish.
the real noob would be the flammers, r u the noob, and didnt i tell u to keep off my thread because ur the fuel of those flame.
i thought mods already told u the flammers to stay off my thread so i can keep posting the progress of my aro in one thread

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
Juxtaroberto;4857002; said:
The immune system works against pathogens, that is, bacteria, viruses, parasites, even tumors sometimes, but not a nitrogenous compound like ammonia.

The reason "dirty" kids have better immune systems is simply because they come into contact with these pathogens. Make a person drink ammonia, and they will suffer severely. They will not build up an immunity to it simply because the immune system does not recognize such things. Likewise, ammonia in the water causes the fish's body to retain more ammonia. At least you got your parameters under control.

However, if this ammonia bath had really increased your fish's immune system's capabilities... your fish wouldn't have gotten ich or fin rot, would it? Because those ARE things the immune system can fight against... and yet it was more prone. The lesson here is, nitrogenous waste impedes the immune system.
roberto, i respect u but i have to tell u again the initial problem i had wasnt ammo, it was nitrite spike

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
Juxtaroberto;4857002; said:

roberto, i respect u but i have to tell u again the initial problem i had wasnt ammo, it was nitrite spike continued with ick attack on my aro

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store