P's killed by Mags

iturk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Leesburg, VA and Melville, NY
Is this unhead of?

I have 2 Mags -- 13 and 9 inch couple. Didn't realize they had fry one day ...until I noticed one morning cuz the 2 4 and 6 inch pirahna's that I have were smacked into a corner like they had a dunce cap on.

Came home from work that evening and both were dead. Got some video tape of some earlier attacks...the 9 inch female kept attacking and snapping at the Ps.

I have never heard anything like this but I guess can happen.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
mag by this u mean managuense?

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
dude i had some rbp's in my 300 with a dovii, a texas, some red devils and a crenicichla sp. venezuela and they were all 4 to 5 times larger than the p's. the p's were always bullied until they got a tiny bit of size. then all other fish began losin fins and scales. when the dovii lost an eye the p's went to a friends pond. the funny thing was they wouldnt touch the pike. wonder if it has anything to do with them inhabiting the same waters?

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I tryed mixing Piraya Piranha with a few Jack Dempseys before. This was not a good idea because when ever it was feeding time the Piranha would get all hyper aggressive and start nose diveng the Dempseys.

iturk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
Leesburg, VA and Melville, NY
Yeah it was the managuense cichlids that killed my 2 Ps. I have some video's of the Ps being hunted. The 9 inch female want ballistic once she had fry and the 13 inch make would lock over the Ps jaws and shake them. I will pull them off my other pc and upload them.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
lol

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
iturk said:
Yeah it was the managuense cichlids that killed my 2 Ps. I have some video's of the Ps being hunted. The 9 inch female want ballistic once she had fry and the 13 inch make would lock over the Ps jaws and shake them. I will pull them off my other pc and upload them.
alriiight i wanna see this!

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
jags are good for doing the liplock where there lips completely engulf the other fishs mouth .

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
yeah, but if other cichlids with stronger mouths get ahold of the jag's lips instead, its all over. Saw some guy on WW who posted pics of his adult midas beating down his adult jag via liplocking, cuz the midas just totally tore the jag's mouth up every time they liplocked

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
HUNGRY p's win EVERY time. haha. i like cichlids way more than p's just laugh at most peoples responses of the p's and cichlids. individually and full a p will run from most bullies. a group of hungry p's will disembowel any and all cichlids on earth. among other larger meaner wiser animals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store