pseudoplatystoma corruscans settled in well

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk

Video off my new purchase from a fellow great fish keeper liam irons (amazed by his set up and fish) pseudoplatystoma corruscans settled in well few scrathes and splits from the move but looking good.nearly as active as the vundu and they all get on great so far no aggression.need to sort my lighting out still the ceiling one failed so this ones shining across the surface.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Been wondering about this cats size lately, nice pickup... stunning specimen! ...girthy and great pattern. I dont believe Liams piebald was a true p. corruscans anyway(p. retic imo), id say u made the right choice with that big pond u have. This specimen in particular isnt very old yet, id suspect he'll hit 4' in a year in there. Always nice 2 see a big cat in a big tank.. hats off to ya, hope to see him surpass 48" one day lol :)

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Thankyou.id been following liams progression with him and jumped at the chance. there was some for sale at piers as a clearence very cheap but hadnt grown much seeing they had been in there a while so went for liams and glad i did he had a great setup and done him proud.i was tempted by the piebald but more financial reasons i didnt.his eating so much at the minute his really chunky.

LiamIrons

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2012
Nottingham,Uk

Video off my new purchase from a fellow great fish keeper liam irons (amazed by his set up and fish) pseudoplatystoma corruscans settled in well few scrathes and splits from the move but looking good.nearly as active as the vundu and they all get on great so far no aggression.need to sort my lighting out still the ceiling one failed so this ones shining across the surface.
Hi mate, Glad he has settled in well. When I measured it... it is around 32" i think

Marcus_H

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
Germany
Really sweet cat! This seems to be the rarest pseudoplatystoma around here .. which is probably for the best since it is also the biggest.

More pictures of the vundu would also be nice, i never seen one of those kept as a pet!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store