Pseudotropheus Ellongatus Chewere

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2007
UK
I started out with 5 of these fish, alas 1 got stuck in holey rock, and died as a result of being treated as a buffet by the others (due to it not being able to get out and fend for itself)

I then lost another fish to thin air (ie, no sign of it in or outside the tank. despite a tank tear down)

I was then left with 1m 2 f. for some reason I found my holding female dead behind some rocks, and I have no idea why she died (no obvious wounds)

however, I have 3 chewere fry from a previous spawn (not sure why the spawn was so low, but hey) and I stripped the remaining female yesterday (alas a little earlier than I would liked, but better than her spitting them into the main tank and losing them all. so I have 12 more fry)

so here are the parents

and the 1" juvis (the dominant of the 3, Have a feeling I have 2m1f though it may be that the 2nd is merely a more dominant female)

and the newly stripped fry

I find it odd given how I waited months for my original chewere to show any of the adult colouration, and my 1" fry are showing such distinct markings.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Cool, I had problems with mine too, and the females didn't last long enough to even spawn even once.

I also like the shot of the fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store