Purple African cichlids?

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Hey guys I guess time for me to start up another tank, so I figured I would set up a nice 90 gal in my new bedroom for me and my future wife. I'm thinking African cichlids from Victoria & Malawi Lakes. So far so good, but here's the problem the only request my fiancée has made is that there must be at least two purple fish. You guys have helped me so much in the past I am counting on you all once again to come up with a purple African cichlid that I could put into my new aquarium set up. Thanks in advance

Miguel4u2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
New York
:iagree:, get a lot more if you really lover her :D

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Thankshowever, do you have any other suggestions with a deeper purple?

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
White Top Acei, but that is a really dark, almost black color. They are fairly mellow for Mbuna.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I agree, Acei are as close as you'll get. My have a very strong purple coloration.

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
I have some afra's that are almost like a deep blueberry color.... but they change color and color can vary even in a species. Iodotropheus sprengerae when they are mature display a purple coloration. They are common and would fit in well in a 90 gal. They are Mbuna and will do best with a Mbuna only tank. they are on the small side too only groiwing between 4-5 inches when adult

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store