Purple Spot Crenicichla?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
Hello,

The guy at my LFS, said he was able to get Purple Spot Creni's from his supplier in a couple weeks...He couldnt remember the scientific name, but he's very reputable with his fish.

Does anyone know anything about a Purple Spot Pike?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
That's too bad, was gonna entertain the thought of looking at them when they got in. Guess I'll just have to stick with the regani I ordered.

Anybody else got possible information on a pike with purple spots?

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
Could be someone trying to put a good spin on the "Malaria Pike" or C. Lacustris. I think that's one of the exciting and frustrating things about ordering pikes, you never know what is actually going to show up! :D

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Thanks, BigPic.

Those would be awesome if they came in. Will have a tough choice to make...between furthering my c. regani community, or seperating the bonded pair for fry and starting a new tank if these mysterious purple spot pike turn out to be beauties.

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
Can he get pics for you?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
I will definitely ask. I know he'll be calling his supplier back this week to get the scientific name, hopefully he'll remember this time, and I can ask him to get some pics.

He had said it was a name he hadnt heard, but with so many crenicichla species I dont find it hard to believe it could be something not usually imported.

Almost feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Just tell him to get in four of them. :) I'm with Ray, sounds like a common name made up for Cren. lacustris. If thats the case, its well worth it.

I'll be looking forward to pictures! Where do you live btw? GNW?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Great North West...More specifically in the Seattle area. And it'll be super cool if its c. lacustris.

I'll just have to explain to the wife why I'm taking my c. regani out of the 125g, and putting them into the 30g+...and then why all of the community fish are no longer in the big tank after the other pike are introduced! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store