--Q'S ABOUT FLYING PANCAKES--

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
My male loves to sit and glide right in front of the FX5 output or constantly swims the
glass and sifts substrate looking for food. The two females do pretty much nothing except
sift the substrate looking for food.

Florencebigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2007
Florence, KY
My big female motoro climbs the side of the pond when its time to eat. So i hand feed her the first few pieces then she eats off the bottom. So shes still very active. She around 14" in diameter. I usally find her swimming half way up the side across the water.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
my male motoro is the only one that swims mid water. alot of my others will only swim on the bottom and up the sides... except my smallest leo female is starting to swim mid water;)

in my experience leos are alot more active and aggressive then motoros. leos are always swimming, biting, and pouncing on eachother...

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
DB junkie;3355084; said:
I think most rays that are well over the foot mark can be filed under "couch potatoes" ;)

I think it's a size/age thing.

Don't get me wrong, I've had lots of rays that enjoyed the current and climbing the walls, but most of mine have outgrown it.
yea that is what i was thinking over a foot they are more lazy..

vamptrev;3355847; said:
my male motoro is the only one that swims mid water. alot of my others will only swim on the bottom and up the sides... except my smallest leo female is starting to swim mid water;)

in my experience leos are alot more active and aggressive then motoros. leos are always swimming, biting, and pouncing on eachother...
Interesting to hear about Leo's, in a couple of weeks i get my new leo!!! :naughty: Hope mine is as active as that!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store