T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I like Henlei

Problem is people who want black rays want black rays

Henlei are more of a dark grey with black rings around the spots

You do get a lot of variation on Henlei and its a bit of a gamble you know what a Leo will turn out like give or take a few spots

Care is the same as other Rays

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
i love Henlei's its a personal preference. i like the spotting better than leo's. the rings are very appealing to me. the darker the henlei the less apparent the rings are. for the most part leo's and henleis share a lot of the same attributes but leos do have a pitch black base and often whiter spots. I have 2 henleis and can't get over how active and loud they are. they swoosh all the time. can hear them for a long ways away...as you can see my male is grey and female is darker. IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
i love Henlei's its a personal preference. i like the spotting better than leo's. the rings are very appealing to me. the darker the henlei the less apparent the rings are. for the most part leo's and henleis share a lot of the same attributes but leos do have a pitch black base and often whiter spots. I have 2 henleis and can't get over how active and loud they are. they swoosh all the time. can hear them for a long ways away...as you can see my male is grey and female is darker. View attachment 1038902
Nice, how large are they? I prefer the gray base.

Zooaqua

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Brazil
Astonishing rays! Congratulations!
By the way, the fact that there are so much variation among henleis, wouldn't they make a good species for a breeding project? Maybe their slow breeding mode (longer gestation with fewer pups) wouldn't make it work?

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Female is about 20" disc and male about 13" disc. I have a feeling my female is potentially pregnant as they displayed breeding activity about 6 weeks ago and they haven't done
anything since. Fingers crossed. I too like the lighter base but my darker female has a better personality.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I'm not in it for the breeding. If they breed then cool that's great but the gestation time and production quantity is not of any importance to me. Where I live there isn't a large demand for these types of fish so if I sell them I will probably sell them super cheap to people who can house them properly.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Not always as dark as you think.
P12 in the foreground, p13 on the right and a darker p12 in the back ground.

They certainly can be brown, but also black.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1411740710.732935.jpg

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Couple shots of my female.

Henlei--09-25-2014.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

Zooaqua

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Brazil
Great fishes!
So are they difficult to breed? Less productive?
About prices, are they much cheaper than leos?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store